Mergers and Acquisitions
The Merger and Acquisition process is not a “one size fits all” process and the amount of work and the time required for the individual steps may vary substantially. Also, the level of involvement of different advisors (legal, financial, strategic etc.) depends on the phase of the transaction and on the particular deal.
As the requirements on corporate governance and compliance grow, the risks associated with non-compliance issues increase. In particular, buyers have to be aware that Mergers and Acquisitions can be risky, and they must engage in all necessary measures and steps to reduce and manage potential risks. In this regard our Team will:
- Conduct an appropriate level of due diligence in connection with transactions during the Mergers and Acquisitions process
- Incorporate a risk-based level of compliance due diligence (risk profile, key personnel interviews, review)
- Identify, address and resolve “red flags” during the Mergers and Acquisitions process
- Adjust transaction structure if necessary
- Obtain robust representation, warranties, indemnities and covenants; ensure appropriate remedies in case of breaches and provide for adequate substance (e.g. escrow)
- Ensure any prior misconduct shall be remedied post-transaction
- Implement any required policies, procedures and internal controls to ensure strong corporate governance and compliance
Farmers from Moldova are compensated for Business Losses
The Agency for Interventions and Payments in Agriculture (AIPA) has begun accepting applications from farmers for compensation to mitigate the consequences of natural disasters in 2020. Compensation is provided to ... Read More
Borrowers in Moldova Impacted By Coronavirus. Are you ready?
Financial Needs of Customers Affected By Coronavirus Moldovan state banking regulators issued only statements instructing financial institutions how to work with clients impacted by COVID-19/coronavirus and avoid contamination but nothing ... Read More
"Collaboration with Popa and Associates gives us security, protection and maximum privacy we need for the quality and prosperity of the activity we carry out."