Our firm’s commercial banking and lending practice is focused on advising investment banks, financial institutions and governmental agencies in important regulatory matters, lending transactions and day-to-day operations. As such, we are able to offer our clients direct insight into the financial markets’ environment, enabling them to anticipate issues, manage risks and succeed in their endeavors. We are able to advise in a wide range of lending facilities such as secured loans, working capital loans, bridge loans, cross-border loans, investment grade loans and leveraged financings.
Commercial banking – a broader model
We know what commercial banking in contrast to investment banking is. The trends in banking regulation moving from a narrow focus to a broader model of general, financial services supervision. The legal relationship between a bank and its customers, such as contract formation, general terms and conditions, and boiler plate language in general.
Our team will assist you in:
- Drafting basic forms of loan agreements
- Standard Euro loan documentation, Euro Loan, I, II, III
- The function of security, types available, their purposes and limitations, Security, I, II
- Funds transfer and payment systems.
- Risk management and the impact of Basle II and capital adequacy requirements.
- Liabilities-Side of Balance Sheet and Asset-Side of Balance Sheet
- Compliance / International Compliance Management / Audit, German Securities Trading Act / WpHG-Compliance, Bank and Capital Markets Law, MiFID II // MAR // EMIR // MiFIR // CRAR III (Credit Rating Agencies Regulation) // SFTR (Securities Financing Transactions Regulation), MaRisk, MaComp, FATCA/CRS.
- Investment Banking
Borrowers in Moldova Impacted By Coronavirus. Are you ready?
Financial Needs of Customers Affected By Coronavirus Moldovan state banking regulators issued only statements instructing financial institutions how to work with clients impacted by COVID-19/coronavirus and avoid contamination but nothing ... Read More
What does MOLDOVA IT PARK represent?
IT Park provides an organizational platform with a set of innovative tools and new approaches to accelerate, in a coordinated manner, the transformation of the economy, streamlining corporate innovation practices, boosting the growth of the IT industry, supporting partnerships, creating new job and attracting local and foreign investment. Read More
"Collaboration with Popa and Associates gives us security, protection and maximum privacy we need for the quality and prosperity of the activity we carry out."