Mergers and Acquisitions
The M&A process is not a “one size fits all” process and the amount of work and the time required for the individual steps may vary substantially. Also the level of involvement of different advisors (legal, financial, strategic etc) depends on the phase of the transaction and on the particular deal.
As the requirements on corporate governance and compliance grow, the risks associated with non-compliance issues increase. In particular, buyers have to be aware that M&A can be risky and they must engage in all necessary measures and steps to reduce and manage potential risks. In this regard our Team will:
- Conduct an appropriate level of due diligence in connection with transactions
- Incorporate a risk-based level of compliance due diligence (risk profile, key personnel interviews, review)
- Identify, address and resolve “red flags”
- Adjust transaction structure if necessary
- Obtain robust representation, warranties, indemnities and covenants; ensure appropriate remedies in case of breaches and provide for adequate substance (e.g. escrow)
- Ensure any prior misconduct shall be remedied post-transaction
- Implement any required policies, procedures and internal controls to ensure strong corporate governance and compliance
Popa & Associates offers one scholarship for Moldovan Law Students
For the third year in a row, Popa & Associates Law Firm is offering a scholarship for one student that is enrolled in a Law Program. The law firm has ... Read More
Legal expenses insurance – market opportunities in the Republic of Moldova
On 12 March 2019, Popa & Associates invited to a panel focussing on legal expenses insurance. The aim of the event was to find out whether there is a chance ... Read More
"Collaboration with Popa and Associates gives us security, protection and maximum privacy we need for the quality and prosperity of the activity we carry out."