Mergers and Acquisitions
The Merger and Acquisition process is not a “one size fits all” process and the amount of work and the time required for the individual steps may vary substantially. Also, the level of involvement of different advisors (legal, financial, strategic etc.) depends on the phase of the transaction and on the particular deal.
As the requirements on corporate governance and compliance grow, the risks associated with non-compliance issues increase. In particular, buyers have to be aware that Mergers and Acquisitions can be risky, and they must engage in all necessary measures and steps to reduce and manage potential risks. In this regard our Team will:
- Conduct an appropriate level of due diligence in connection with transactions during the Mergers and Acquisitions process
- Incorporate a risk-based level of compliance due diligence (risk profile, key personnel interviews, review)
- Identify, address and resolve “red flags” during the Mergers and Acquisitions process
- Adjust transaction structure if necessary
- Obtain robust representation, warranties, indemnities and covenants; ensure appropriate remedies in case of breaches and provide for adequate substance (e.g. escrow)
- Ensure any prior misconduct shall be remedied post-transaction
- Implement any required policies, procedures and internal controls to ensure strong corporate governance and compliance
Global Automotive Components and Suppliers 2018
Between 21-23 May, Managing Partner of Popa & Associates Law Firm – Mr. Igor Popa has attended to international exhibition “Global Automotive Components and Suppliers 2018”, which took place in ... Read More
Popa & Associates offers one scholarship for Moldovan Law Students
For the third year in a row, Popa & Associates Law Firm is offering a scholarship for one student that is enrolled in a Law Program. The law firm has ... Read More
"Collaboration with Popa and Associates gives us security, protection and maximum privacy we need for the quality and prosperity of the activity we carry out."