From a Professional View:
Ilona Nicula has a legal background in Real Estate, Corporate Finance and Commercial Property practice. Ilona acts mainly for top domestic and foreign companies, including in setting up new companies, sale and purchase of shares and commercial agreements. Ilona gained wide expertise in Infrastructure & PPP. She is well known for her ability to project and implement effective legal solutions related to project structuring, development, financing and all other projects operation. Also, she provides legal assistance to major corporate clients on several public-private partnerships (PPPs).
Ilona worked on a significant number of Mergers and Acquisitions transactions for the most outstanding financial institutions and companies. She also has solid experience in representing clients in court and arbitration proceedings. Due to her extensive legal knowledge, Ilona acted in numerous types of litigation cases handled by Popa & Associates. Our clients benefit from her first-rate legal counsel, substantial experience and practice in complex, sensitive and controversial issues.
- Law degree, State University of Moldova, Chisinau, 2007
- LL.M. in Criminal Law, State University of Moldova, Chisinau, 2009
- Co – Managing Partner, ”Popa & Asociații”, 2015 – to date
- Senior Associate, BAA ”Popa & Asociații”, 2012 – 2015
- Associate, BAA ”Popa & Asociații”, Chisinau, 2010 – 2012
- Junior Lawyer, BAA ”Popa & Associates”, 2008 – 2010
- Lawyer, Moldovan Bar Association, 2010
- Romanian, Russian, English, French