From a Professional View:
Mr Plămădeală is a member of our White Collar Crime practice, being one of the most best-known and respected experts in criminal disputes in Moldova. In his outstanding prosecution career spanning over three decades, Mr Plămădeală has gathered extensive trial experience, as prosecutor, then as Chief Prosecutor for 20 years. In addition, he held the position of Vice General Prosecutor Officer, and towards the end of his career as magistrate, he was General Prosecutor of Moldova. His thorough knowledge and extended expertise cover the fields of criminal law and criminal procedure.
Mr Plămădeală holds a PhD in Law “summa cum laude” since 2004, being also renowned for his scientific and academic work. For over 10 years, he was a teacher at the Free University of Chisinau, and for the past 5 years he has been a 1st degree scientific researcher (university professor) with the Scientific Research Institute from Scientific Academy.
Since 2004 he is a member of the Bar Association of Moldova.
He has authored and co-authored more than 10 reference works in Criminal Jurisdiction – “Theory and Case–Law”, “The New Criminal Code – Studies and Comments”, as well as over 120 studies, articles and comments published in high–profile professional publications.
Recent relevant mandates of Mr Plămădeală includes advising/representing:
- the Prime Minister of Moldova Mr. Vlad Filat in the criminal file investigated by the Prosecutors’ Office with the High Court of Justice, in relation to an bribery charge which took place in 2015-2016, in Chisinau Moldova.
- a well-known Israeli bank in various complex litigation cases covering a wide array of disputes, ranging from corporate and commercial disputes, labor, insolvency and white collar crime investigations, with a total value of more than EUR 10,000,000.
- an important aviation company in the criminal file investigated by the Prosecutors’ Office, in relation to an aviation accident which took place in January 2014, outside of Moldova.
- the Minister of Health of Moldova in the criminal file investigated by the Prosecutors’ Office with the Court of Justice, in relation to an abuse of power charge which took place in 2014-2015, in Chisinau Moldova.
- a well-known distribution company of medical equipment in the criminal file investigated by the Prosecutors’ Office with National Anticorruption Center, in relation to an excess of power charge which took place in 2013-2014, in Chisinau Moldova.