History of POPA
- In 1996 the Auditor Pavlov Galina founded the Accounting and Assurance professional corporation “Audit International”.
- In 2002, attorney Igor Popa founded the business consulting company Consult Group in Chisinau, Moldova.
- In 2005, the company employed more than 10 consultants with a high level of expertise in various fields of business consulting: Lawyers, Accountants and Financial Experts.
- In 2006, Consult Group merged with Audit International.
- In 2007, the company’s portfolio included over 50 local and international businesses.
- In 2008, the Legal Department of Consult Group established Popa & Associates law firm, specializing in business law.
- In 2010, with 3 partners and 17 lawyers, Popa & Associates became one of the major law firms in Moldova.
- In 2012 the lawyer Igor Popa entered in the German market by opening a branch office in Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
- In 2017 the Lawyer and Accountant Igor Popa founded “POPA Global”, a German Limited Liability Partnership (“PG LLP”)
POPA GLOBAL LLP is a German Limited Liability Partnership (“PG LLP”) registered in Frankfurt am Main, Germany, with the corporate form of GmbH & Co. KG which is a special German form of limited liability partnership (Kommanditgesellschaft, KG).
“POPA” mark is the property of POPA GLOBAL LLP and is intended solely for the purpose of marketing services, and not for the practice of Law, Accounting, Audit or any other services.
“POPA” stands for “Partnership Offices Professional Attorney’s / Accountants / Auditors and Advisors” the brand under which hundrets of dedicated professionals within our Regional Offices and in independent firms throughout the world collaborate with our clients.
POPA is the business brand name for an international multidisciplinary practice carried on by POPA GLOBAL LLP, its affiliated firms and other entities carrying on business under or including the name POPA or under joint venture or collaboration arrangements in association with POPA GLOBAL LLP (together “POPA”). Accordingly references in the Legal Notices and elsewhere on this website to “POPA” mean POPA GLOBAL LLP and the other partnerships and affiliated firms or entities authorized to carry the name “POPA” or one or more of those affiliated firms or entities as the context requires.
In addition, mainly as a result of local legal and regulatory requirements, there are a number of entities or partnerships worldwide other than the worldwide POPA partnership that carry the name POPA. These entities or partnerships are not currently part of the Partnership, but it is the intention that they will be incorporated into POPA GLOBAL Partnership when it is appropriate to do so (and, when that happens, they will become part of the LLP Jurisdictions).
Please, use the “Disclaimer” buttons of every country sub-site to review our relevant legal notices from around the globe where you can find important information, including individual office regulatory information, information provided in accordance with the European Data Protection and Electronic Commerce Directives. This site is maintained for POPA GLOBAL LLP and includes material designed to promote the professional services of POPA .
The Directors of our Regional Offices are Partners of POPA GLOBAL LLP. Each PG Regional Office provides services in particular geographic areas and is subject to the laws and professional regulations of the particular country or countries in which it operates. Each Regional Office firm is structured in accordance with national laws, regulations, customary practice, and other factors, and may secure the provision of professional services in its territory through subsidiaries, affiliates, and other related entities. Not every Regional Office firm provides all services, and certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting. Regional Officer firm are legally separate and independent entities, which cannot obligate each other. Regional Office firm are liable only for their own acts and omissions, and not those of each other. POPA Global LLP does not provide services to clients.
The POPA Global Team team is based in Frankfurt am Main Germany and is led by Igor Popa, who is Chairman of POPA Global and a member of the International Policy Committee.
Our motto – “A Tradition of Excellence & Results” – best expresses our commitment to excellent work, dedication and mutual trust for more than 20 years.
Popa & Associates is the exclusive Moldovan member of TAGLaw®, a worldwide alliance of more than 160 independent law firms in over 95 countries. Learn more about our membership in TAGLaw and how it benefits our clients
With 290+ members of the TAG Alliances, our reach is expansive and multidisciplinary: